Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Color and shape

Samurai babydoll, Danca, Spring 2007


Waiting, Silkscreen, Danca, Fall 2002


It's funny how things come to be and take this shape of their own, apart from the original intention, or an idea. Like this dress, part of my summer collection and is currently available at my Etsy shop, I see now how it is one of those things that was always in the back of my head, just waiting to come out. The shape, this rectangle, keeps following me around for a while now, invading my prints, as well as the clothing I work on. The color, the new copper of the neck line, and the old copper green of the body, both come from my hometown, Sarajevo, where you can still see these two next to one another, old roofs in the old town, new copper everything sold at the countless little shoppes scattered around Bascarsija, the old old town....

1 comment:

Stereoette said...

old post, i know, but i love that dress. its in my favorite color combination! plus the geometric shapes are just lovely.